Dear Baba Rumcake,
My one dog keeps lick my other dog’s butt.
Is this rude in terms of dog behavior? Should I separate them or go into the other room as if nothing happened?
Distressed Dog Caregiver
You should give your dogs away. You should not have or care or own a dog ever. You have not the least idea of dog behavior.
Here is a list of things you ought to already know about dogs:
- Dogs are not human.
- Dogs lick everything. It is their way of knowing and familiarizing themselves with other things in their world.
- Dogs eat poop whenever they can get it on the streets, in parks, wherever.
- Dogs do sniff each other, anywhere. They do not recognize privacy.
- Dogs will also hump anywhere and when they can, they do not discriminate with type or species. That is a human failing.
- Dogs do not care if you talk to them. Gibberish is fine as long as they hear you.
That is just the tip of the iceberg. If you are ashamed of your dog, give it up. Your dogs are not your children, they are animals who are great companions.
Oh and by the way, quit bathing them every week to avoid the smell. If you do not want the smell, give your dogs up. Dogs need the oils on their skin for health.
Blessings on your finicky self conscience,