- 1/2 cup bulgur, fine cracked wheat
- juice of 4-5 lemons
- 3 bunches fresh parsley, finely chopped
- handful fresh mint, finely sliced (not necessary)
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (include green stems)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- romaine leaves, for serving
1- Soak bulgur in 1 cup of warm water. It will soften and expand.
2- Mix all cut up vegetables and place in bowl.
3- To add bulgur, take handfuls and squeeze out all the water. Then add to mixture.
4- Toss all and serve over romaine.
Ideas: Add to sandwiches, to falafel or as a side dish.
Bulgur is very versatile and excellent to use. It comes in many grain levels from fine to coarse. It is used as a filler, in stuffing chicken instead of bread or rice. It gives a smoky wonderful taste. It can also be made instead of rice as a side dish.