No one can make anyone happy.
Probably for the short term never long term. No one can truly make anyone happy all the time.
If you want to be with a happy person, start with a happy one. You cannot change a rhubarb into a strawberry but you can mix them and get a great pie.
Here are some things that should help make someone happy, try all or some:
- Smile – it does not cost you anything but to crack your lovely face and grin at them.
- Flower – you do not have to buy it. Pick a week, a blade of grass or a colorful leaf. It is guaranteed to earn you a smile.
- Compliment – give them the best thought you have of them. Think of something really good and blurt it out. It will surprise and please them.
- Hug – give them a hug. Give them a tight hug full body hold that says you care for them.
- Joke – some people hate jokes but some find them lovely, think of one and send it to them by mail or even e-mail.
- Card – make or send them a card. Something written can always make one feel that it is truthful.
- Sincere – whatever you decide to do for them, make it sincere. If it comes across phone, it will create more sadness.
- Listen – If they need to talk just listen and do not advise.
- Balloon – give them a balloon. It is silly and useless but says I hope it lifts you up.