- 2 cups flour
- 2 tps baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Granulated Sugar for sprinkling.
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly
- add buttermilk, orange juice, pecans and vanilla stirring just until dry ingredients are wet. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Divide dough in half; pat each portion into a 7-inch circle,
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges;
- sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: Over mixing dough causes hardness of final results. Take it easy and just mix enough.
Bel Hanna Wel Sheffa. Bon Apetit.